Essentially I have had to step down from raiding with the guild.
To give you an idea why, I have no free weekends between now and July, I have something on every single weekend – including a trip to Adelaide, Wodonga and Tasmania!! I have a few concerts on and then our yearly cluster of anniversary/birthdays as well. It is crazy. Especially when in between we have some gardening and house sorting to do so we can put the place on the market – which we are trying to get done at the moment as well. It has been that solid since the middle of February.
You think I am kidding, but I am not here is the list of my weekends:)
- 11th April – Hubby is on call so I am doing some photography shoots possibly – weather permitting
- 18th April – going to a friends place for dinner and spending the night
- 25th April – friends coming to our place and spending the night
- 2nd May (my bday) – meeting friends in the city to help run his show both days possibly (photography maybe)
- 8th May – Backstreet boys concert, Hubby’s bday the next day
- 16th May – Adelaide
- 23rd May – Eurovision Party
- 30 May – Ice hockey
- 6th June – Hubby has lodge
- 13th June – Glenn miller Orchestra for M-I-L bday present (going to Wodonga to pick her up and take her home)
- 20th June – Tasmania
- 27th June – free at this stage
Top top it all off I have Karate every Tuesday and Wednesday nights now. Funnily enough the raiding on Wednesday worked quite well as my karate finishes at 8.30 and is only 20 minutes away so I generally get home just in time to jump online for raid – if not about 10 minutes late.
So trying to raid Mon/Wed/Thur from 9-11pm and having to be out of the house at 5.30am every morning at the moment is pretty hard. Last time I let myself get too run down I had shingles for 2 weeks so I want to really avoid that. Whilst I can generally be around for raid, I don’t have time or focus to be online for all the other things you need to be around for like doing daily quests, garrisons, farming crystals or doing Challenge modes etc. I just don’t have the ability to be a great addition to the team.
I need more time to practice playing arcane, I need more time to make money so I can make all the changes I want to make to my gear, I need more time. I just don’t have time. I don’t have plans to stop playing entirely and I may join in on the casual raids, but at the moment I can’t commit to main team raiding. Just ask the hubby about the tears when I made that decision. I cried for about 3 days whenever I looked at my computer or the login screen.
I am not sure how often this will be updated now, but I will do it as often as I have anything of interest to blog about